Parents charged after 14-month-old dies from ingesting fentanyl, heroin and cocaine Dee Burman

Toronto police say the parents of a 14-month-old boy have been charged in his death after he ingested a deadly mix of illicit drugs in his parents’ home in May, 2020.

Police say the boy and his parents lived with another couple and the drugs were in the apartment for personal use.

The infant died due to of toxic levels of fentanyl, heroin and cocaine.

The boy’s parents have been arrested and charged after an investigation by the Sex Crimes – Child & Youth Advocacy Centre (CYAC) and consultations with the Ministry of the Attorney General and the homicide squad.

Each of the parents were charged with criminal negligence causing death and failure to provide necessaries of life in January.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *