Child hospitalized after eating cannabis edible: Toronto police Michael Talbot

Toronto police say a child was hospitalized after eating a cannabis edible.

Police were called to a Toronto hospital by paramedics on Tuesday at around 9:30 p.m.

In a release, police said two children were in an apartment with their mother when one child found a  package of cannabis edibles called “Buzzy Peaches.”

The child ate one of the edibles.

Police say when the mother realized what had happened she immediately called an ambulance.

The child was treated and released from hospital and police say no charges are pending.

“Initial investigation has revealed the product was purchased legally and no criminal charges are expected at this time,” police said.

“The Toronto Police Service would like to take this opportunity to remind parents and caregivers about the dangers posed to children by cannabis and cannabis-related products.”

Police say cannabis products should be stored in a locked area and in child-resistant packaging out of sight from children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *